5103Re: [TalkAntietam] Interesting discovery re Mac at Antietam

  • Dave
    Sep 30, 2008
      Harsh reports in TATF on page 440 that it was dysentery, a "severe case"
      which had "plagued him since his days in the Mexican War". Mac wrote
      his wife regarding this, and Hooker as well in the OR: XIX/1 pg 219.
      It hit him on the 18th, he was still sick on the 20th when he wrote
      Hooker. Same note where he promised Hooker Mansfield's command.

      Dave