4970Re: [TalkAntietam] Crossing the river at Shepherdstown

  • Ian Workman
    Aug 25, 2008
      Thomas,

      I think that it will be fun. The dam is still there but it is under water.
      We have found a ton of items there over the years. I almost strictly metal
      detected Shepherdstown for 10 years straight. We found the retreat route of
      the 118th and there were about three main ways they crosssed the river. One
      soldier lost his breastplate along the bank. I researched who it was by the
      initials carved into it but forget who it was. There is so much to tell
      about the battle that isn't in the history books. I am sure all who are
      involved will have a blast. See you there.

      Ian Workman