4936Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Confederate Veteran magazine

  • Dave
    Aug 8, 2008
      I have a feeling that some may copy these cd's and then sell the
      originals. Easy enough to do. I use Foxit Reader to select text and to
      cut and paste. I'm not sure if the free version does this, however it
      might be worth buying if you do a lot of PDF reading, because it has a
      highlight and annotation feature which is valuable. It's worth having
      in the free version because it doesn't come with all the crap that is in
      Adobe Reader. I cut and paste into OpenOffice Writer, then convert them
      back into PDF if I need to. OpenOffice is a free MS Office clone, well
      worth having only for the ease of turning doc files into PDF.

      Each year on the cd is a PDF file of about 4-5 megs. Uncertain if you
      can convert that to txt or rtf or doc with that size. Let us know if
      you've done that successfully, please.

      Dave