      From: "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 12:03 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: re Headquarters questions, etc.

      Tom,

      I guess legend probably also has Stuart in command on the left
      including the guns on Nicodemus Hill? I can't find anything in
      writing about this "command."

      Larry

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Clemens"
      <clemenst@...>
      wrote:

      > Gerry,
      > There is no "official" source for it, legend has it that
      > Jackson
      used the Mary Locher cabin on the edge of West Woods. This is
      labeled on many maps as the Alfred Poffenberger farm. I am
      unaware
      of any proof for that assertion, but I've heard it mentioned.
      > I am not as convinced as many people are about Longstreet's HQ.
      > No
      doubt Hill was at the Piper farm, butt he sources for L being
      there
      are "thin."