4922Re: [TalkAntietam] re Headquarters questions, etc.

    Aug 8, 2008
      There is no "official" source for it, legend has it that Jackson used the Mary Locher cabin on the edge of West Woods. This is labeled on many maps as the Alfred Poffenberger farm. I am unaware of any proof for that assertion, but I've heard it mentioned.
      I am not as convinced as many people are about Longstreet's HQ. No doubt Hill was at the Piper farm, butt he sources for L being there are "thin."

      Ok. Everything I have read seems to indicate that both Stuart and
      Jackson had their headquarters "in the saddle" while at
      Sharpsburg. I was wondering, though, whether Jackson in
      particular had a reasonably "fixed" location where he could be
      found if needed.