492Re: [TalkAntietam] Help needed

  • Oliver Gamble
    Jan 21, 2002

      Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 10:29 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Help needed

      Oliver,
      No I do not see that quotation in Jomini.  Any other idieas?  It seemed
      likely since Carman went to a military school, but did not find it
      there.
      Tom
      I was not sure I had read it there. Perhaps it is in his first book "Treatise on Great Military Operations", which was written while still in the French Army.
      I have a copy of it written in French and will see if I can find the quote tomorrow.

      You might want to see if anyone can answer the question "What was Jomini's FIRST Name?" I will tell you it was not Henri. <g>

      O.G.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic