      From: RoteBaron
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 8:22 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] RE: Stone mill and house

      I was at Antietam last Friday to give a full tour for a friend. While at the park, I spoke with my good friend John Hoptak. He talked to Keven Walker (the park's expert at historic buildings, etc.) about the Stone Mill.

      Kevin searched the census records and concluded "beyond a reasonable doubt" that at least in 1860 the home was occupied by Mr. Solomon and Ms. Jennie Lum. Their two daughters (Fannie, 3, and Annie, 1,) lived there as well, along with a "servant" named Louisa Marshall.