4766Re: Introduction

  • corey.macleod
    Jun 12, 2008
      Stephen! How are you doing pal? I intended to respond to your last
      email before now. Sam won the medal. I just happened to A) be lucky
      enough to have it passed on to me, and B) be lucky enough to work it
      out in a court settlement that I would donate the medal as part of
      the agreement. If those guys knew that I had been in contact with
      Ted and John prior to the mediation they would not be happy.

      I looked at the CD you gave me today. Very nice! I plan on calling
      you in the near future.

      Take care pal!

      > Corey,
      >
      > Great to see you here, buddy. You are way too modest. You forgot to
      > mention that, while visiting Sharpsburg, you donated Sam Wright's
      Medal
      > of Honor to the park! That is an amazing gift that is well
      appreciated.

      > I will also take umbrage to the contestation that O.T.'s guide book
      is
      > "For interesting stories and some local flavor"..." it is a
      > good book but that is about all." I'm sure that we all know better
      > what happened, having read all of the books and having taken the
      tours,
      > but since O.T. was there during the battle and hung out with the
      > veterans his whole life, I'd not be so fast to discount his
      writing.
      > And anyone who disagrees can meet me in the Cornfield at dawn to
      settle
      > it :-)
      >
      > Stephen Recker
      >

      > On Thursday, June 12, 2008, at 02:02 PM, Corey MacLeod wrote:
      >
      > > I suppose I should give a brief introduction. My name is Corey
      > > MacLeod. I
      > > live in Greer, South Carolina. I am married to a beautiful woman
      and I
      > > have
      > > two amazing children. My Great-Great-Great Grandfather fought for
      the
      > > 29th.
      > > Massachusetts Regiment, in Co. E. His name was Samuel Cole
      Wright. I