4594[TalkAntietam] Re: NC Monument at Fox's Gap and Positions of Garland's Regiments

    Apr 2, 2008
      Yes it does, or the Wood road as they called it. If you start north from Fox's Gap, where the Stonewall regiment marker is located, it will bring you out at South Mt. Inn's parking lot.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      >>> "Steve" <myness@...> 4/2/2008 1:49 PM >>>

      LOL! Speaking of Obt. Svt's - I already spilled the beans. But my
      wife is very indulging of my battlefield obsession. She loves the
      outdoors, and doesn't mind me droning on about this or that
      regiment.

      I am also thinking about hiking the portion of the Appalachian Trail
      between Turner's and Fox's Gaps, which I am guessing follows the
      trace of the old Mountain Rd?

      Steve