4571Re: Regiments Brigaded Together

  • joseph_pierro
    Mar 26, 2008
      Dean:

      The only other ones that occur to me are some of the Regulars in
      Lovell's Brigade (2d Div; Fifth Corps).

      Specifically, the 1st and 6th U.S (Capt. Levi C. Bootes) and the 2d
      and 10th U.S. (Capt. John S. Poland).

      --Jake

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "dean_essig" <dean_essig@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Guys!
      >
      > Unfurl those Colors makes a point of talking about the delicate
      nature of regiments
      > combining under one commander (essentially to fight as one
      regiment) and uses the example
      > of the 61 and 64 NY under Barlow.
      >
      > As such, a lot of this is under the radar, so to speak, is anybody
      aware of any other such
      > brigaded regiments? On either side? at Antietam.
      >
      > Naturally, some of the Confederate brigades that contained very,
      very few men would
      > automatically become essentially regiments for drill purposes.
      That's a different matter than
      > what I'm trying to find.
      >
      > Basically, I'm trying to find regimental pairs that operated under
      one of the two colonels.

      > Thanks!
      >
      > Dean

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic