4247Albert Kern Photos

  • david lutton
    Feb 6 4:08 PM
      I have always wondered about the war-time width of the Hagerstown Pike. Looking at Kern's turn of the century photo from the Park Serivce webpage taken at the site of Battery B looking south seems to be somewhat wider that the pike's appearance in 1862.

      Is there any record as to width of the Pike at this point in 1862?

      I only ask because the recent addition of fence rails at this location has saddened me for various reasons and I feel I am losing prespective when I walk this ground.

      Any help out there?

      david lutton
      hollidaysburg Pa