4243Re: [TalkAntietam] 6 Wisconsin vs Texans?

    Feb 6, 2008
      IIRC, the Sixth pretty much was in the upper corner of The
      Cornfield at about that time. They did have the almost muzzle to
      muzzle firefight with some of Stark's Louisiana boys
      earlier...from opposing sides of the Turnpike fencing....

      I think the First Texas got as far as it did owing to
      distractions on the part of the Federals from Confederate units
      (4th Tex, 18thGa, Hampton Legion Infantry) along the fence line
      roughly halfway in the Cornfield...this is IIRC.

      You could be right...the First Texas managed to exploit a
      relatively small window of lesser opposition due to the presence
      of other Confederate units at the north edge of the Cornfield and
      near the East Woods distracting Federal units.