4231Sharpesburg Hospitals

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Feb 5, 2008
      Is there a list somewhere or a book that someone can direct me to that would list the Union hospitals that existed after the battle? I have been doing some research for a class I teach "Women in the Civil War" and tonight at a historical society I came across a letter written by Anna Holstein ( who I have a lot of info on, so I am not specifically researching her at this point as much as her 1st person descriptions) and it is from "Sharpesburg Hospital", dated 11/11/1862. In it she states that most of the sick had been moved to Frederick and she was no longer needed in Sharpesburg and would be leaving for home soon. I am trying to determine the exact location where she nursed.
      Paula