4205Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: ANVa Supply Trains

    Feb 2 3:01 PM
      Dean,
      A quick check of CS artillery memoirs, etc does not definitely show any location of the ammunition reserve trains. sorry.

      >>> "dean_essig" <dean_essig@...> 02/01/08 2:24 PM >>>
      Tom it is... glad to meet you, sir!

      Excellent information, that helps me spot the trains on the map.

      The artillery problem is an issue I'll need to resolve. I don't recall Reilly (who at least
      mentioned going back to look) or anyone else suggesting they had to ford the Potomac to
      get a re-supply of artillery ammunition. So, this indirectly suggests that what stocks they
      had available were in the Md side trains.

      Leaving me wondering what it was Lee was protecting across the river.

      Do you know of any other battery commanders recollections about the rather mundane
      matters of ammunition resupply on that day?
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic