4197Re: 128th PA weapons

    Feb 2, 2008

      Do you use Vol. II of Todd's book? I don't have any of the three and
      wondered if just buying II would suffice since it covers 1851-72?

      Thank you,
      Larry F.

      > Fred Todd's American Military Equipage says the 128th PA had
      Springfield rifled muskets.

      > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

      > Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that far in my research on them to
      answer that question. I just can confirm that they had very little
      drilling from letters and reports. Though their Colonel, Samuel
      Croasdale had been in the 25th Pa, so he had some experience, which
      is why he got the job of Colonel. He primarily raised Co C of the
      regiment, most men coming from the Doylestown area.