4182Re: 128th PA weapons

  • dean_essig
    Feb 1 7:52 PM
      Perfect. Thank you Tom.

      Oddly, that's the source (plus some of the quarterly reports from ordinance) that I got my
      small arms data from...the reason I asked is I have the "hard" data in my OOB in bold and
      use plain text for (semi) educated guesswork and I'm always on the lookout to turn
      something plain into bold. Yet, the weapons for the 128th were not in bold, so I assumed
      I didn't find them in Todd.

      I either missed them in the book or screwed up the coding in the OOB. Either way, they are
      fixed now thanks to your help.

      Dean

      > Fred Todd's American Military Equipage says the 128th PA had Springfield rifled
      muskets.

      > Thomas G. Clemens D.A.

      > Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that far in my research on them to answer that question.
      I just can confirm that they had very little drilling from letters and reports. Though their
      Colonel, Samuel Croasdale had been in the 25th Pa, so he had some experience, which is
      why he got the job of Colonel. He primarily raised Co C of the regiment, most men
      coming from the Doylestown area.