      From: dean_essig <dean_essig@...>
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, February 1, 2008 7:25:52 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: ANVa Supply Trains

      Thanks Jake!

      That fits well with what Tom and I have been thinking. The trains were ordered across to
      maintain freedom of action and then, when battle was in the offing, the ordinance trains
      (at least small arms) were brought back across from Shepherdstown.

      As for Pendleton's "exceptional" effort to provide reinforcements to the army, I have 2 Co,
      Richmond Va Howitzers (3 guns) under Watson arriving from Williamsport late on the
      17th. I assume this is the battery Carmen refers to.

      Dean

      Recent Activity
      1New Members
      Visit Your Group