416Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: 90th PA Monument

  • J Amico
    Dec 22, 2001
      --- TR Livesey <tlivesey@...> wrote:
      > The fall 1995 Blue & Gray Magazine has a picture of
      > this
      > monument, page 64, and some accompanying text: "The
      > fragile memorial did not
      > last, but it is uncertain as to when it was damaged,
      > vandalized or simply
      > fell apart. Parts of the monument are stored in the
      > park's curatorial collection"
      >
      > There is also a picture of it in John W. Schildt's
      > "Drums along the Antietam",
      > p100. Some of the content of this book might be
      > questionable, but
      > it does have some neato rare pictures, such as the
      > Dunker Church region
      > before the bypass and visitor's center were built,
      > and a very early
      > picture of the national cemetery and several farm
      > houses that are
      > kind of off the regular trail (eg, the H Rohrback
      > farmhouse).
      >
      > TRL
      >
      > rotbaron@... wrote:
      >
      > > In a message dated 12/20/2001 0:49:54 AM EST,
      > Pa128th@... writes:
      > > << I also will post shortly information on the
      > 90th Pa Antietam Monument
      > > Fund. This fund will raise $35,000.00
      > (10,000.00) of which has already been
      > > raised) to replace the orginal monument that was
      > placed on the battlefield
      > > by men of the regiment. Gary Casteel is the
      > artist. >>
      > >
      > > In the recent SHAF newsletter, Supt. Howard
      > mentions the 90th PA Monument.
      > > What happened to the original? Supt. Howard states
      > it's been missing from the
      > > battlefield since 1940.
      > >
      > > Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

      As an aside ..Im writng a booklet on the destruction
      of Iverson s Brigade at Gburg. Of course the 90th PA
      was part of the crew that was responsible for this..Im
      wondering if any of you have info. about the 90th PA
      at Gburg that may be of help. Thanks.Happy holidays
      -Jason Amico
      PA Historical and Museum Commission
      Harrisburg,PA

      http://greetings.yahoo.com