4145Re: Muster dates

  • dean_essig
    Jan 31, 2008

      Thanks for bringing that up. I missed it in my list, but not because it wasn't marked as
      Green, but because of the note that was embedded with.

      The note says "Green, but properly drilled, doesn't count as green". For the life of me, I
      don't recall where that information came from, but I believe it has something to do with
      the officers in charge?

      Perhaps somebody can shed some light on that one.

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Bill and Glenna Jo Christen" <gwjchris@...>
      > The Seventeenth Michigan Infantry (Christ's Brigade, Willcox's Division, Ninth Army
      Corps) was mustered in on 27 August 1862. The regiment came under fire for the first
      time at Fox's Gap.