4025RE: [Fox's Gap Question specif re 4th NC

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Jan 26, 2008
      Gerry,

      Yes, this is a tall order, How much material from the Official Records have you studied and documented? That is where my research on the battle stands at present--a re-organization of the OR reports by time, specific geographic locations and then regiment. It is very much a "work in progress" at this point. One would assume that you have studied the OR material and it might be redundant for me to pass it along.

      In regard to routes of march, there are only a few roads leading from Fox's Gap through Keedysville to Antietam, so it should be simple to evaluate them by process of elimination. It did that with the Seventeenth Michigan (Christ's Brigade)--along with several day of actually driving and walking the entire route.

      Bill Christen
      Fox's Gap Question specif re 4th NC
      Posted by: "G E Mayers"

      For the past several years, I've been working on a book project,
      personal, about the 4th NC during the Maryland Campaign . . . Where I need help with are:
      1. Where . . .
      5. How long . . .on the Sharpsburg Ridge facing the
      Antietam Creek?
      This is sort of a tall order,