4008Re: The Mountain House (The Old South Mountain Inn)

    Jan 9, 2008
      Jake et al,

      Thanks for confirming that the M House has always been on the south
      side of the N Road. I spent a couple of hours trying to find the
      questionable map(s) but only found one with it on the north
      side: "Lee's Lts" vol. 2, pg. 175. The cite for it shows 2 B&L pg.
      568 but it looks like B&L is correct.

      Should I find more I will post them.

      Larry F.

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Pierro
      <joseph_pierro@...> wrote:
      > Larry:
      > I'm cuirous. How old are the maps in question?
      > Reason I ask. I've seen one or two maps in my time that contain a
      printer's error.
      > In the initial runs of these maps, the DAHLGREN CHAPEL (which, as
      you know, is nearly opposite the Mountain House, on the north side of
      the National Road) was mistakenly labeled as the "Mountain House."
      (Subsequent printings moved the label to the right structure.)
      > I'm wondering if something similar is not the case in the maps to
      which you refer.
      > --jake
      Mountain Inn)