      From: G E Mayers <gerry1952@...>
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 3:26:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] The Mountain House (The Old South Mountain Inn)

      >>> "eighth_conn_ inf" <eighth_conn_ inf@yahoo. com> 1/9/2008 11:50
      >>> AM >>>
      I've noticed on some maps that the location of the Mountain House
      is to
      the north of the Old National Road while others show it on the
      south
      side.

      Having been there several times, it is hard to see how the road
      could
      have ever been on the south side of the inn. Are the maps showing
      the
      road on the south of the inn mistaken or am I missing something?

      Larry F.