4003Re: [TalkAntietam] The Mountain House (The Old South Mountain Inn)

    Jan 9, 2008
      I am not sure what maps you're looking at, but i have never heard of the Inn being north of the road.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 1/9/2008 11:50 AM >>>
      I've noticed on some maps that the location of the Mountain House is to
      the north of the Old National Road while others show it on the south
      side.

      Having been there several times, it is hard to see how the road could
      have ever been on the south side of the inn. Are the maps showing the
      road on the south of the inn mistaken or am I missing something?

      Larry F.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic