      From: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com [mailto:TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of G E Mayers
      Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 9:04 AM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: CWDG

      Dear Harry,

      How about both factors at work?

      What I find so interesting, especially in the AoP, is the
      mistrust of the West Pointers for the volunteer officers,
      particularly generals like Butterfield and Sickles, and the
      distrust of the volunteers (in general) for West Point trained
      officers.

      Recall the famous scene in THE movie where the private from the
      Second Maine is talking to Chamberlain???