397Re: [TalkAntietam] George Otott Article in Savas re First Texas and Cornfield

  • TR Livesey
    Dec 14, 2001
      Gerry & group,

      Sorry it has taken awhile, but I finally put together some material
      on the LOS of Battery B's position. This is something a little new;
      I have drawn maps that show the LOS from a particular point, but
      the idea of drawing a map that shows the LOS from an aggregate
      set of points (e.g., the region occupied by an entire unit such
      as a regiment or a battery) came to me as I read through your post.

      The results can be found under

      http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/topo_study/losbattb.html

      but you will probably want to first read through

      http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/topo_study/los.html
      and
      http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/topo_study/losregion.html

      which give a long-winded explanation of what I am babbling about.

      All of these pieces are part of my general analytical study of the
      battlefield (http://www.westwoodgalleries.com/antietam/topo_study)
      which is currently in a DRAFT, UNPROOFED, and INCOMPLETE state.
      I add bits and pieces from time to time, this being one of them.

      All is well here, except that I missed my resolution to finally make it
      to the Heritage festival this year. Damn lousy economy. How are things
      on your end?

      Regards,
      TRL