3879Re: [TalkAntietam] Mini-muster on November 23

  • Tom Shay
    Nov 21, 2007
      We've got a decent group assembled for our Black Friday muster.
      I'll have an SUV to accomodate about 6 other people around the park.
      Here is latest itinerary:

      7:00 AM - Those who wish to carpool can meet at Gettysburg VC. You must advise me if meeting us there.
      8:30 AM - Meet at Antietam VC.
      TOUR #1: "Prelude to Antietam" - Stephen Recker willl review Lee's strategy & movements prior to the battle.
      TOUR #2: "Sedgwick's Attack" - Tom Shay will lead tour of Sedgwick's attack into West Woods.
      TOUR #3: "Sunken Road" - Tom Shay will lead tour of Irish Brigade's assault on Bloody Lane.
      TOUR #4: "O.T. Reilly in Sharpsburg" - Stephen Recker will begin at VC at 12:30 PM for tour of various sites affiliated with Antietam's first guide. We'll head into town for remainder of tour and work in a lunch break.
      TOUR #5: XI Corps - Tom and Stephen will provide tour of Burnside's attacks east and west of the creek.