3873Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hagerstown in General

    Nov 20, 2007
      He sounds like quite the ladie's man.

      Stephen

      Nov 3, 1888 Messrs. H. Kyd Douglas and Charles Little addressed a large
      audience in the town hall on Saturday evening, Oct. 27. Mr. Douglas
      spoke about an hour. He was presented with some beautiful bouquets of
      flowers by the ladies, who seemed to be very much pleased with
      him.---He is a bachelor. After tendering his thanks to the gentlemen
      managers of the stage, and expressing his appreciation for the ladies’
      gifts, he started for the train. But part of the conveyance refused to
      act; so the Col. did not get to the train that night. We don’t know
      what was the cause of this accident. I don’t think it was the weight,
      although it might have been the case. He did not have his coffee pots
      with him we are positive, so you can’t blame it on them. The Col.
      Remained in our town until Sunday noon.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic