      From: Thomas Clemens
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:36 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hagerstown in General

      Hmmm, good question. Doug has his war-time diary, but does not share
      it. I wouldn't either, but it would be neat to see a bio of him.
      Enough people had exposed the tall tales in his book to warrant a
      revision of him in the war.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 11/20/2007 2:14 PM

      I've always found it interesting that no one has written a biography
      of HKD. Are there insufficient materials about him to justify a book
      or is it something else other than lack of interest of a writer?

      Larry F.