3865Re: Hagerstown in General

  • barringer63
    Nov 20, 2007
      Tom Clemens wrote:

      > Hmmm, good question. Doug has his war-time diary, but does not
      share
      > it. I wouldn't either, but it would be neat to see a bio of him.
      > Enough people had exposed the tall tales in his book to warrant a
      > revision of him in the war.

      Well, if someone is on this group is contemplating such a task this
      is available at Perkins Library, Duke University, Durham, NC

      Teej

      Description 32 items.
      History notes Confederate soldier.
      Summary Civil War letters from Henry Kyd Douglas to Helen Macomb
      Boteler describing in detail military movements and camp life,
      including the battles of Cross Keys, 1862; Port Republic, 1862; and
      Fredericksburg, 1862, all in Virginia. Several of the letters were
      written from the Union military prison on Johnson's Island, near
      Sandusky, Ohio.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic