3824Re: Carman update

    Oct 29, 2007
      Jake,

      I posted a comment on the LOC website re the revised maps.

      Perhaps a good project for a group to undertake if not to make a
      profit but to contribute funds to a non profit organization? I would
      buy a set assuming it was complete and legible as well as being
      printed on sturdy, plastic-coated paper.

      Larry

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Pierro
      <joseph_pierro@...> wrote:

      > You know, it's a REAL shame that Bob Younger at Morningside Books
      isn't with us anymore. He managed to find a way to make the full set
      of Bachelder maps from Gettysburg available (all 28 maps in full
      color) for $250. Now, he just printed them flat and loose (they
      shipped them boxed), but it's the closest thing I've seen in recent
      years to a project like the Carman atlas.

      > Meanwhile, I urge everyone to email the webmaster of the Library of
      Congress's "American Memory" project and urge them to scan the
      second, REVISED volume of Carman's atlas into their giant digital
      database. It's not the PERFECT format, but it beats not having access
      to them at all.