      From: eighth_conn_inf <eighth_conn_inf@...>
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 8:46:47 PM
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Re: Carman update

      Jake,

      We have to keep you going so you can next tackle the Carmen-Cope maps
      to supplement your book! If there is anything I can do to help, pls
      let me know.

      Larry

      --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, Joseph Pierro
      <joseph_pierro@ ...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Larry! I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some sort of
      pharonic curse on this manuscript.

      > On the other hand, since I have to die of something, it might as
      well be as the last casualty of Antietam. . . . :)

      > --j

      Good
      > luck on our recovery.
      >
      > Larry
      >
      > --- In TalkAntietam@ yahoogroups. com, "joseph_pierro"
      > <joseph_pierro@ ...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey, everyone! I've gotten a few queries (and congrats) on the
      > > release of the Carman ms. It's a TAD premature.
      > >
      > > I'm not sure where the late Oct. date in Amazon was coming from
      > > (probably some database wasn;t updated), but the book, when last
      > > knew, was going to be a mid-Nov. release.
      > >
      > > And there's been a small snag since. . . .
      > >
      > > At the beginning of the month, I had about 4-5 days of work left
      on
      > > the index in order to have the ms. COMPLETE and ready to go to
      the
      > > printer. Just then, however, I developed a problem with the
      > appendix.
      > >
      > > Not the book's. My own. I had been misdiagnosed with food
      > poisoning
      > > on the 3d, and by the 6th it burst. I've been in the hospital
      ever
      > > since (I only just returned home an hour ago).
      > >
      > > It's too soon for me to make a firm guess on a new release date.
      As