3813Carman update

  • joseph_pierro
    Oct 27, 2007
      Hey, everyone! I've gotten a few queries (and congrats) on the
      release of the Carman ms. It's a TAD premature.

      I'm not sure where the late Oct. date in Amazon was coming from
      (probably some database wasn;t updated), but the book, when last I
      knew, was going to be a mid-Nov. release.

      And there's been a small snag since. . . .

      At the beginning of the month, I had about 4-5 days of work left on
      the index in order to have the ms. COMPLETE and ready to go to the
      printer. Just then, however, I developed a problem with the appendix.

      Not the book's. My own. I had been misdiagnosed with food poisoning
      on the 3d, and by the 6th it burst. I've been in the hospital ever
      since (I only just returned home an hour ago).

      It's too soon for me to make a firm guess on a new release date. As I
      said, I had about 4-5 days of work left to do when I was 100%
      healthy, and I'm nowhere near that now. Then, once I AM done, it'll
      take the publisher 3-4 weeks to typeset the index and then physically
      produce books.

      I'd guess it'll be ready by the 2d week of December. I'm going to
      make every possible effort to make sure the books ship in time for
      Xmas deliveries.

      All best,

      --jake
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic