3760Re: [TalkAntietam] road net

    Oct 5, 2007
      Jake,

      IMHO, they are the same road. The old road from Boonsboro to Sharpsburg
      used to go right though the middle of Keedysville. There is now a
      bypass - Rt. 34.

      I've been reading about the building of the road from Antietam Station
      to the Antietam National Cemetery. Interestingly, they called it the
      National road. I'm guessing that was a generic term used because it was
      a government road, which was a big deal at the time (1889).

      Stephen

      On Friday, October 5, 2007, at 08:10 PM, joseph_pierro wrote:

      > Quick question: Am I correct in my understanding that the Sharpsburg-
      > Keedysville Road is the SAME roadway as the Boonsboro-Sharpsburg
      > Road/Pike? (Keedysville is the intermediate point between the two,
      > yes?)
      >
      > I'm trying to decide how to write an index entry.
      >
      > Many thanks!
      >
      > --jake
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic