      From: 128thpa@...
      Date: 9/26/2007 9:26:45 PM
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [TalkAntietam] Wistar vs Wister

      Just to add some trivia here Isaac WistAr was the distant cousin of
      Langhorne WistEr of the 150th Pa. I have done a little research on this
      family - mostly on the Wister side. The difference in the spelling of the
      names comes from the fact that two brothers anglicized their names
      differently.
      One brother, Caspar, anglicized his name with an "ar" ; the other brother,
      John, elected “er”. Both of their homes still stand in Philadelphia.
      Langhorne is buried in Laurel Hill Cemetery. Isaac donated his body to
      science and the famous Wistar Institute is named for him.

      Paula