3733Re: Mosby during the Maryland Campaign

    Sep 25, 2007
      Scott,

      Sounds good; my wife and I plan on being at the Nov. 10 SHAF workday.
      Maybe we will see you there. Brian may be putting up my Conn. @
      Antietam paper in the near future with a section about the 8th.

      Larry

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Hann"
      <wutheringheights@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > You're welcome. If you decide on using a photo of Colonel Wistar
      just
      > let me know how to deliver it to you.
      >
      > And one of these days we'll have to chat about the 8th CT. On
      > Heritage Day I was impersonating one-armed Captain Eleazer Ripley
      of
      > Company C, 8th Connecticut. He was shot above the left elbow at
      > Antietam, and had his arm amputated the same day by Surgeon
      Storrs. A
      > photo of him appears on the front cover of the September issue
      > of "America's Civil War." I have the sword he carried at Antietam,
      as
      > well as an alternate, signed view of him.
      >
      > Scott

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic