3732Re: Mosby during the Maryland Campaign

  • Scott Hann
    Sep 25 10:51 AM
      Larry,

      You're welcome. If you decide on using a photo of Colonel Wistar just
      let me know how to deliver it to you.

      And one of these days we'll have to chat about the 8th CT. On
      Heritage Day I was impersonating one-armed Captain Eleazer Ripley of
      Company C, 8th Connecticut. He was shot above the left elbow at
      Antietam, and had his arm amputated the same day by Surgeon Storrs. A
      photo of him appears on the front cover of the September issue
      of "America's Civil War." I have the sword he carried at Antietam, as
      well as an alternate, signed view of him.

      Scott
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic