3680Re: [TalkAntietam] RE:Tom's trip report

    Sep 17, 2007
      I heard Dana Shoaf speak. It was great. Kudos to SHAF for their great
      series of speakers. Really added to the offerings.

      Missed running into Brian Downey, and saw too few ranger tours. Great
      to see so many old-timers and new faces as well. It was a real party
      with things to do everywhere, but not overcrowded. Great job by all.

      Lots of Antietam Battlefield Guides out there, too. When is Tom Shay
      going to sign up? Heck, he's already the on the poster.

      Scott Hann was there is full uniform, sans General Ripley's left arm.
      If you ask him again he might tell you more about Hugh Irish. He knows
      more about him than he is letting on.

      Stephen

      > Hugh Irish was captain of Company K. He was killed, and his
      > likeness, with sword raised, stands atop the New Jersey monument
      > along Hagerstown Road.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic