3671[TalkAntietam] RE:Tom's trip report

    Sep 17, 2007
      Sorry I did not get to the reenactment to visit. had a tour all day on Saturday, and was working at a chicken BarrB Q all day Sunday, about 600 yards from where you were. :-(
      This past weekend's weather was MUCH more pleasant.

      >>> "Bill and Glenna Jo Christen" <gwjchris@...> 09/16/07 10:11 AM >>>

      Thanks for the report. I was in the area last weekend while attending the September Storm event with my wife who was one of the merchants at the event. We stayed at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn and dined at Captain Benders several times. On Friday, I toured the new clearing and also spent some time at the Pry House. I made some connections with the South Mountain Battlefield folks. I was also drawn again to the Bloody Lane--remembering my experience with the Antietam Documentary filming. It was a very hot day so I rested in the shade of the National Cemetery before returning to the event site. While not an organized tour, it was a rewarding trek.

      I wish that I could have stayed through this weekend to meet up with you and the others.

      Bill Christen