3664RE:Tom's trip report

  • Bill and Glenna Jo Christen
    Sep 16, 2007

      Thanks for the report. I was in the area last weekend while attending the September Storm event with my wife who was one of the merchants at the event. We stayed at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn and dined at Captain Benders several times. On Friday, I toured the new clearing and also spent some time at the Pry House. I made some connections with the South Mountain Battlefield folks. I was also drawn again to the Bloody Lane--remembering my experience with the Antietam Documentary filming. It was a very hot day so I rested in the shade of the National Cemetery before returning to the event site. While not an organized tour, it was a rewarding trek.

      I wish that I could have stayed through this weekend to meet up with you and the others.

      Bill Christen