3644Re: [TalkAntietam] South Mountain markers-Nagle's brigade

    Sep 12 11:16 AM
      There are no cast iron markers at Fox's Gap. I don't recall seeing one for Nagle's brigade at Turner's either, but would not stake my life on that memory.

      >>> "joseph_pierro" <joseph_pierro@...> 09/12/07 1:40 PM >>>

      Does anyone happen to know if there's one of those Carman-era iron
      markers at Fox's Gap that covers Nagle's brigade in particular?

      If there is one, does anyone know how it lists his rank? I'm curious
      to know if it says "Brigadier General" (as at Antietam) or "Colonel."

      (I'd ask Steve Stotlmeyer, but I don't have his email. If anyone does
      and would be willing to pass it along, I'd be much obliged!)

      --jake