3625Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Uncapped muskets?

    Sep 1, 2007
      The first bayonet charge on Little Round Top was Patrick Henry O'Rourke
      sending, I believe, the 144th NY over the hill onto a bunch of texans.
      He did not take the time to load. It was 'fix bayonets'.

      Stephen

      On Saturday, September 1, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Scott Hann wrote:

      > There's a story about a 1st Corps regiment or brigade going into
      > action at Gettysburg on the First Day with unloaded weapons. The
      > men in the ranks reminded the officers to give the order to load
      > their muskets.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic