3609Re: G.A.R. Reno Post #4 Hagerstown

  • Scott Hann
    Aug 24, 2007
      I didn't know Gettysburg College had the George Batchelder covers.
      One of these days I have to take a trip to the college library to
      see the letters of Adj. Henry P. Clare of the 83rd NY. His
      eyewitness account of Pickett's Charge has been published, but I'm
      more anxious to see what he wrote about Antietam. I have a CDV of
      him, which is part of the reason why I'm interested.

      > Sounds like a road trip. I've still got to get up to Gettysburg
      College
      > and see those George Batchelder covers.
      >
      > Stephen
      >
      > On Friday, August 24, 2007, at 04:36 PM, Scott Hann wrote:
      >
      > > Again I owe you big time. According the the website at the USMHI
      there
      > > is an envelope containing information about this Post, whereas
      they
      > > have
      > > box(es) of information about other Posts. The next time I get
      over to
      > > Carlisle I'll have to photocopy the information.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic