3521Re: Molly's Hole

  • Brian Downey
    Aug 6, 2007
      Hi Scott,

      I understand Molly's Hole is about 200 yards downstream from the
      bridge. According to the Carman map for noon on September 17th, the
      closest unit on the Federal side of the creek would prob have been the
      2nd Maryland (US) of Nagle's Brigade. Also, the 21st Mass (Ferrerro)
      looks to have passed along the creek through that point between noon
      and one.

      On the other side, until withdrawing about 1 pm, were elements of the
      2nd Georgia (Toombs).

      You might like to get more about Molly's Hole from a local expert :)

      My version of Carman's map showing the situation at noon is online
      here: http://aotw.org/maps.php?map_number=9

      Brian

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Hann"
      <antietamcollector@...> wrote:

      > Hello members. Is anyone familiar with an area known as "Molly's
      > Hole" (below Burnside Bridge)? If so, what troops were in that area?
      > Thanks very much, Scott

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic