3505Re: [TalkAntietam] Battlefield map for 9/18?

    Jul 12, 2007
      The only thing I have seen are the two plates in the OR Atlas, XXVIII-1
      and XXIX-2 that show lines, but no details, on the night of the 17th.

      >>> "stv_cw" <longhorn123@...> 07/11/07 6:15 PM >>>
      Hello, Everyone.

      I'm new to the forum and am trying to locate a detailed battlefield map
      for the morning after
      the battle, on 9/18 -- something that would serve as a visual aid for
      studying details of the
      entire field (thin Confederate defense of Nicodemus Heights, truce
      sectors, Humphreys'
      support of the Ninth Corps, etc.). A rep from the Visitor's Center feels
      that such a thing
      doesn't exist; if this is the case, would the next best thing be the
      5:30 p.m. 9/17 Carman-
      Cope map? Many thanks in advance!

      Steve
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic