3503Re: [TalkAntietam] Battlefield map for 9/18?

    Jul 11 3:32 PM
      Dear Steve,

      I do not know personally that such a map does exist. However,
      when you take into consideration that the Confederate battle
      lines had really only changed a few hundred yards from what they
      were the morning of September 17th.... perhaps there is your
      explanation.

      You might want to pursue the Library of Congress map collection
      for maps of Antietam and see if you find any maps delineating the
      rough lines of the Army of Northern Virginia as of September
      18th. However, do not expect (IIRC and IMHO) to find any detailed
      maps of unit placements etc.

      I sincerely hope this helps............