3501Re: [TalkAntietam] Road to Lambs Knoll from Wise's Field

    Jul 9, 2007
      Steve,
      It is an FAA site and the fellow who used to run it is an 8th Ohio Inf.
      nut, a good fellow. They don't mind walkers, but vehicles are a
      problem. If you call in advance they will notify their people and it is
      OK. I do that if I take a motorcoach down there. I have not met the
      new person running it. It sued to be a Cold War comm site, hence the
      concrete silo for the anenae, but now they just talk to airplanes.

      >>> "jeffcowvplanning" <jeffcowvplanning@...> 07/06/07 9:52 PM >>>
      Hello folks.

      Quick question....

      The other day, I took my daughter in her stroller up to Fox's Gap. I
      began walking up the one-lane road toward lambs knoll....got maybe
      about a mile and called it quits. Too steep for this out of shape guy
      to be pushing a big stroller up hill in the heat (ok...I am a wuss).

      I would like to explore this road, maybe even get up to Lambs Knoll
      where the telecom towers are, but I noticed "no vehicles beyond this
      point" signs. "No trespassing" signs are conspicuously absent, so I
      interpret this as "don't drive here, but you are welcome to walk."

      Does anyone have any experience in driving up this road (hassles,
      problems), and is there anything up there worth seeing? Does it
      terminate or go all the way to Crampton's Gap?

      Thanks.
      Steve Bockmiller
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic