3481Re: [TalkAntietam] I will meet you in Sharpsburg

    Jun 2, 2007
      Steve,
      The only message recorded as sent by Jackson to Lee on the 15th was the
      announcement of the surrender of HF. In that message, OR, Vol. 19, pt.
      1, p. 951, he asks Lee where to send his troops. If there is something
      else I don't know of it, and neither does Joe Harsh, who discusses it in
      Sounding the Shallows, Chap. 8, section L.

      I seem to remember hearing/reading somewhere that Stonewall Jackson,
      some time around the morning of September 15th, wrote Lee from Harper's
      Ferry that, "I will meet you in Sharpsburg". Can't find the cite.
      Actually can only find Stonewall asking Lee where he should go after
      the fall of HF. Any thoughts? Thanks.

      Stephen Recker
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic