      From: G E Mayers
      To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 3:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Question

      Dear Richard,

      IMHO Sears is not as good as Murfin. Sears' great hindrance to
      Landscape Turned Red, and IMHO it shows, is he never once set
      foot on the actual terrain while writing the book. Murfin, on the
      other hand, was intimately familiar with all the terrain features
      of the field of battle...and it shows in his book.