3461Landscape Turned Wrong? was: Question

    May 27, 2007
      As far a as a general 'who-shot-who', I would recommend Sears'
      "Landscape Turned Red" for a first-timer. James Murphin's "Gleam of
      Bayonets" pre-dates Sears and is thought by some to be more
      historically accurate, but Sears is a better read IMHO. Sears also
      covers more of the battle than Murfin. But certainly read Murfin next.

      That said, I've been thinking about raising this question for a while.
      Some have said that they feel Sears gets some things wrong in his book.
      Would anyone care to share where they think he went wrong? Thanks.

      Stephen

      On Sunday, May 27, 2007, at 03:38 PM, James W. Durney wrote:

      > What is the "best book" on this battle?

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic