3407Re: O.T. Reilly, Martin Burgan, and the Dunker Church souvenir shop

  • Adam Zimmerli
    Apr 13, 2007
      I'm working on my Master's thesis, which (in part) looks at Antietam
      and Gettysburg in terms of entrepreneurs.

      I've got a few copied pages out of a Wilmer Mumma book that talks
      about O.T. Reilly. I'll need to re-read them to see if it's the one
      you're talking about.

      BTW, when I was out in the area last, Ted Alexander said that if
      anyone knew much about these two guys (Reilly and Burgan), it'd be
      you, Stephen.

      Any more "pointing me in the right direction" is much appreciated.

      Adam

      > One of Wilmer Mumma's books has a funny story about the ongoing
      feud
      > between O.T. Reilly and martin Burgan.
      >
      > Why are you researching this. Are you doing a book?
      >
      > Stephen
      >
      > BTW, Mumma's Antietam, the Aftermath has a short story about Simon
      and
      > his trip to the battlefield. Interesting in that it mentions, but
      > doesn't give a date for the dip.
      >

      > On Sunday, April 8, 2007, at 10:02 AM, Adam Zimmerli wrote:
      >
      > > Also, aside from their description in Kathleen
      > > Ernst's "Too Afraid to Cry," are there stories of early tour
      guides?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic